Friday, June 24, 2011

My Life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)

Every since I could remember I had got boils from time to time. I even remember my dad getting them sometimes,and it was no big deal. But for some reason when I turned 30 ALL HELL broke loose! I moved to Texas ready to start a new life and I began to have massive outbreaks of Golf Ball Size boils on my thighs and under my arms.  Not knowing what the Heck was going on with me I went to Several Doctors and I have been mis-diagnosed several  times and I have even been admitted to the Hospital for a week! I met with an Infectious Disease doctor and he diagnosed me with MRSA which is a staph like Super Bug that is immune to most all anti-biotics. So after several rounds in the last four months of countless antibiotics and IV antibiotics and Low White Blood count I feel like I have been hit by every single car during Rush Hour Traffic. (lol) The medicine makes me weak and lazy and I don't have the energy to get out of bed most days. The Crappy part of all this is I still have to work and earn money!!!!! So imagine that you are sick and have been taking off work for long periods of time for so long that you have used up all your sick leave and have been going No-Pay. I have been supposedly correctly diagnosed and Yay (sarcastically) this disease has NO cure.... less than 1% of the population has HSand therefore this will be a life long battle. Just my Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ebonie my Love/BFF, I hate that you are going through this battle of some incurable diagnosis. But trust in the Lord and He will bring you thru it! I had no idea that it was this bad and I pray for you on a regular but now I will specify my prayers from now on! I love you always and forever and know that I got your back!! We don't talk on a daily but that make the best friendships for some (US)!! I declare healing over your life, over your body, your finances and your mind right now in the Name of Jesus! I am always here for you; no matter the hour!

    ReplyDelete